Many owners follow the great practice of not giving any kind of medication to relieve the pain of their pets without taking proper permission from a veterinarian. This is a good idea, as there are several medications that humans can take but they can be hazardous for our furry friends.
Medications such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin and Acetaminophen should not be given to pets at any cost as they can cause worst effects to pets. It is always a good idea to consult a veterinarian and ask for a proper medication for pets such as dogs and cats according to their problem.
- Aspirin is extremely bad medicine for pets as it may cause respiratory problems, spontaneous bleeding, gastrointestinal problems, bleeding disorders, neurological problems and even a kidney failure.
- Ibuprofen may cause toxicity to pet which can further cause stomach ulcers that may turn out to be bleeding as well as kidney failure.
- Acetaminophen is dangerous to cats as well as dogs.
- Tramadol (Ultram) can be good for pets if suggested by a veterinarian and taken in proper dosage otherwise it can also be harmful.
- Alprazolam (Xanax) medicine has both good as well as bad effects on pets; it should be taken if suggested by a veterinarian as it may lead to depression, lethargy and trouble while walking with pets.
- Zolpidem (Ambien), Clonazepam (Klonopin), Acetaminophen (Tylenol), Naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), Duloxetine (Cymbalta), Venlafaxine (Effexor) is also a dangerous medicine for dogs as well for cats.
Above is the list of medications that should be avoided for pets. Here is given the preventive tips that should be implemented by pet owners:
- Always keep medications for human away from your pooch and do not use such medications unless advised by a veterinarian.
- Dispose the unwanted medications as soon as possible.
- Make sure when you are taking pills, pet is not around you.
Take above preventive measures and ensure good health of your pet. Above all take necessary health care prevention for pets such as provide them flea control medications, dental care, grooming and best nutritious food to maintain their overall health.